Albert Leon Rose was born in Sale Creek, Tennessee to John Alexander Rose and Eddie Marie Fox.
He was Killed in Action and initially buried at Marzanello Nuovo Cemetery at Marzanello, Italy and re-buried at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy, H, 14, 57
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 7 January 1944
Cpl. Albert L. Rose, son of Mrs. Eddie F. Rose, Sale Creek. Cpl. Rose, who was serving with Gen. Mark Clark’s Fifth Army, received the Silver Star for gallantry in the Sicilian campaign. While acounting Nazis in Sicily, Rose attacked a German mortar section in a grove of trees, killing at least two Nazi soldiers.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 12 July 1921
- Date of death: 12 November 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Sale Creek
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart with Two Oak Leaf Clusters
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: April Bolton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.