Staff Sergeant Albert Epperson US Army was assigned to the 133rd Infantry Regiment of the 34th Infantry Division. The Division was part of the 5th Army fighting the Germans in Italy. On 10 September 1944 the 133rd began an asault on the Gothic Line held by the German 344th Division. SSgt Epperson died on the 18th of September 1944. He is interred at the Florence American Cemetery, A,14,40, Florence, Italy.
Awards include Purple Heart with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 18 September 1944
- County: Scott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 133rd Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Two Oak Leaf Clusters
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Albert Epperson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.