Adrian Ora Jett was inducted into the army at Knoxville on September 4, 1918, and assigned to Camp Wadsworth at Spartanburg, SC, for his military training. His organization was Company I, 57th Pioneer Infantry. Sailed for France September 28, 1918, but died of pneumonia on October 13, a few days after he had arrived overseas.
After the war, Private Jett was repatriated from France back to his hometown and buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in South Knoxville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 April 1892
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Neubert
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, South Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Joseph E. Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.