Pvt Tindell was returned from Marigny-/St-Lo, France. He served with the 23rd Infantry Regiment, Company G.
The Knoxville Journal, Sept. 15, 1944
Pvt. Adrian M. Tindell, son of Mrs. R.F. Tindell of Route 2, Fountain City, was killed in action in France, August 13, according to information received from the War Department. Private Tindell had been in the service two and a half years. He had been overseas only two months. He was an employe of a Furniture manufacturing company prior to entering the service.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 August 1916
- Date of death: 13 August 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Adrain (Adrian) M. Tindell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.