Add Tritt served on the USS Suwanee (CVE-27) and was missing in action 26 October 1944 after a Kamikaze attack led to an explosion in the Western Pacific Ocean. His remains were not recovered. He was officially declared dead 27 October 1945.
Memorialized at Manila American Cemetery, Philippines
Mother: Mrs. Mattie Tritt, Sevierville, TN
- Rank: Storekeeper Second Class
- Date of death: 26 October 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Suwanee (CVE-27)
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Add Tritt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.