Died 11 August 1944
24th Combat Mapping Squadron, 8th Photographic Reconnaissance Group
Aircraft F-7A with serial number 42-64189 crashed approximately 40 miles east, southeast of Jorhart, India while enroute to Kunning in China.
Sgt Whaley is buried at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, Missouri, together with his entire crew.
Capt Joseph E. Haynes
1st Lt James T. Caraway
2nd Lt Raymond W. Kurzawski Jr.
2nd Lt Daniel S. Longfellow
M/Sgt George B. Abbott
T/Sgt Glenn B. Carnes
S/Sgt Leon M. Winslow.
S/Sgt Walter H. Jones
Sgt Emery E. Crouch
Sgt Alford H. Gray
Sgt A.D. Whaley
Cpl Jerome B. Brenner
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 11 August 1944
- County: Sevier
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 24th Combat Mapping Squadron, 8th Photographic Reconnaissance Group
- Theater: China Burma India
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis County, MO
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor A. D. Whaley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.