Born 31 May 1922
Died 9 October 1944
Killed in action while acting as first scout for his platoon near Echternach, Luxembourg
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 255
Private First Class
PFC Collier was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Henri-Chapelle, Belgium.
He received two Purple Hearts that I know of, for I have them along with the American flag. I don’t know if he received any other medals.
–Submitted by his niece, Veronica Douglas
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 31 May 1922
- Date of death: 9 October 1944
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Co. L, 329th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart (2)
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor A. B. Collier
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.